Spring is here! After a long dark and cold winter, the bright sun and warm winds of the spring are a breath of fresh air! The only downside? All that sunlight helps you see your leaf-filled gutters, cracked sidewalks, and dead plants in the flower beds. Get your home in shape for spring with this checklist!
- Examine Roof Shingles: Examine the roof to see if any shingles were lost or damaged under the winter snow and ice.
- Check the Gutters: Loose or leaky gutters can cause improper drainage, which can lead to water in your basement or crawlspace during the spring rain.
- Inspect the Concrete: Inspect concrete slabs for signs of cracks or movement. Fill cracks with concrete crack filler or silicone caulk, power-wash, and then seal the concrete.
- Remove Firewood: Firewood stored near the home for winter should be moved at least 18 inches off the ground and at least 2 feet from the structure.
- Check Outside Faucets: Check outside faucets for freeze damage. While you’re at it, check your garden hose for dry rot.
- Repair Window Screens: You will want to open the windows to let the fresh air in. Ensure small holes and tears are repaired so bugs don’t get in.
This is just a short list of items you can do to prepare your home for the spring. Winter was nice and cozy but Michaud, Rowe & Ruscak is ready for the spring sunshine! While you are preparing your home for the spring, it is a great time to review your homeowners insurance! Give Michaud, Rowe & Ruscak a call at 978-688-8829 or visit us online at https://mrrinsurance.com/ to speak with a representative.